I worked as a Cinematic Designer on Transformers Fall of Cybertron (Xbox 360, PS3) at High Moon Studios – Activision in Southern California. Here is a playlist of some of my work that I created but please don’t forget to check out my Demo Reel for highlights:
The Starscream coronation scene is a definite highlight (yes, the infamous dialog exchange takes place!) and the level involving Grimlock and his classic T-Rex transformation is a delightfully empowering jaunt. Destructoid
July 2010 – July 2012
• Responsible for the narrative scripting, cinematic creation and assembling the storytelling of five out of thirteen chapters for Transformers Fall of Cybertron with the following characters – Grimlock & the Dinobots, Optimus, Metroplex, Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave.
• Spearheaded player agency sequences by scripting complex player interactions during cinematics, on NPC characters and within the environment for player controlled narrative play spaces.
• Conceptualized and collaborated with my artist and designer on building player controlled narrative play spaces.
• Designed cameras for player executions and interactions.
• Scripted AI routes and set ambient animations to deliver believable NPC behaviors.
• Previsualized combat mechanics and narrative scenarios.
• Trained new cinematic designers and animators on the tech and pipeline.
• Delegated additional cinematic work to two other Cinematics Designers and oversaw work.
• Collaborated closely with Leads, Design, Mechanics, Code, Writing, Animation, Art, VFX and Audio departments throughout the development cycles.
• Interview with Game Informer on Video game storytelling
• Title received a 9/10 from Polygon, 9/10 from Game Informer and 9/10 from G4TV. Nominated for Best Adapted Video Game award Spike TV 10th VGA’s and named “Best of Show for E3 2012” by Game Informer.